You have received your delicious blend of herbal chai, and now you are trying to choose the best way to prepare your chai. There are a few different methods to go about this. Here is my favorite way:
In addition to your spices, you will need milk, water, and sugar (or honey).
- Cruch one tablespoon of Chai Garden spices with a mortar and pestle
- Add spices to a boiling pot (roast for 2 minutes for extra flavor)
- Add 2 cups of milk, and 1 cup of water
- Bring to boil on the stove.
- Reduce heat, and stir in your sugar/honey to taste
- Allow chai to simmer for a 10 more minutes.
- Strain into a teacup, and enjoy!
A few tips:
- I prefer to crush my spices in a mortar and pestle beforehand. This isn’t necessary, but it really brings out the rich, robust flavors and aromas of the spices. (If you don’t have a mortar a pestle, you can buy one here.)
- If you have dairy/sugar sensitivities, you can substitute with other ingredients; I personally enjoy my chai with organic oatmilk and raw honey.
- Have you heard the saying, “a watched pot never boils”? Well, a chai pot always boils. And if you don’t watch it, it will boil right over!! Watch it boil, and quickly simmer when it starts to rise.
- Sip through a cinnamon stick for extra delight.
You can also watch our video to see How to Make Our Chai
how to make chai, how to make chai tea, authentic chai recipe, chai tea recipe, organic chai usa, tea photography, tea photographers, organic pregnancy tea, pregnancy tea spokane, organic chai tea, organic chai spokane, spokane tea shop, spokane chai shop, spokane organic tea, spokane indian restaurant, spokane indian food